‘Supernatural’ to Feature a ‘Scooby Doo’ Crossover next Season – Seriously
‘Supernatural’ has always tried the silliest concepts for their show, whether we’re talking about making fun of itself, breaking the fourth wall, or even featuring cartoons in episodes. But in season 13, the show is doing something it’s never done before: An animated episode.
The pretty pair Jensen Ackles (right) and Jared Padalecki took the stage at The CW’s 2017 Upfronts Presentation on Thursday to announce that the show will do an animated Scooby-Doo crossover in its 13th season. Although some thought it could be a joke, EW reported that the episode is really happening.
For the uninitiated/skeptical, here’s a vastly incomplete list of just some of the silly things this show has successfully gotten away with:
- The brothers get locked in a TV world and have to star in sitcoms and even a japanese game show.
- Sam and Dean show up to a “Supernatural” convention where everyone is cosplaying as them because Supernatural is a series of books within the show.
- The brothers travel to another dimension where they are actors on a show called “Supernatural” but they are Sam & Dean not Jensen and Jerod.
- Sam goes through the same day every day like Groundhog Day where Dean dies every day.
- Dean killed Hitler.
- Dean gets the ability to talk to Dogs.
- Dean turns into a teenager.
- Dean turns into a complete and utter coward.
You can’t jump the shark if you never come down.
Jensen’s 39. Jared’s 34.